PGA SA Rescue Centre
As part of accomplishing the primary objective, which is providing the highest safety standards at the Port of Gdansk, the Port of Gdansk Authority SA created the PGA SA Rescue Centre, which functions as the Coordination and Rescue Centre, bringing together all of the services responsible for safety at the port, including the port dispatcher, the shift commander of the Port Security Guard, and the duty firefighter of the "Florian" Port Fire Brigade.
The main idea behind the establishment of the PGA SA Rescue Centre, reachable under a single emergency phone number, 111, was to shorten the time required for gathering information about any incidents to increase the chances of saving lives or the environment, and to be able to take immediate rescue measures thanks to the total coordination of the port's services, including the Port Master, the National Fire Service, the Police and Emergency Services, and at the same time to provide effective and efficient use of all the available forces and resources, i.e. response units, fire engines, and fireboats.
The tasks and principles of operation of the PGA SA Rescue Centre in terms of fire safety:
- receiving, registering, and recording reports of fires, natural disasters, technological, chemical and environmental disasters, and other accidents within the port area;
- managing forces and resources on standby and assigning them to events, coordination of rescue activities carried out within the port area;
- managing rescue activities during incidents;
- participation in organising a rescue action management centre;
- carrying out analyses of the situation at the port on an ongoing basis, focusing on hazards and operational protection against them;
- dispatching units to provide fire safety during transshipment of hazardous materials and works constituting a fire hazard;
- receiving and registering reports on the status of forces and resources comprising the rescue and firefighting system at the port;
- cooperation with the port dispatcher, the Port Security Guard, the port technical service and the Port Master's Office on eliminating hazards and their effects;
- notifying superiors of hazards within the port area, according to separate arrangements;
- maintaining operational communication with members of the rescue system and the municipal control room.
Carrying out such a broad spectrum of tasks is possible thanks to the fact that the Rescue Centre has been equipped with state-of-the-art dispatcher communications and that all the available media are accessible via one operator console, providing a visible display of the availability of all means of communication.
The new system also makes it possible to register and record all voice correspondence conducted by operators.
Moreover, in order to provide the highest standards of service and centre operation, a monitoring centre equipped with an emergency power supply system has been established for the purpose of monitoring electronic security systems and CCTV systems.
The centre is equipped with::
- a CCTV system providing surveillance over fixed camera points located within the area administered by the Port of Gdansk Authority SA;
- a CCTV system providing surveillance over mobile camera points mounted on the motorised patrol vehicles;
- a perimeter security monitoring system;
- an anti-burglary and assault alarm system monitoring system;
- a telecommunication manhole protection system.
PGA SA Rescue Centre
ul. Na Zaspe 57
Gdansk Nowy Port
phone no.: 111/113
(+48) 58 343 11 20, (+48) 58 737 99 14